Sunday, April 12, 2009

"It Changed My Life!" - 4/12/2009

I was flipping channels recently when I came across an infomercial for Chuck Norris' "Total Gym" home fitness system. Christie Brinkley read a customer's letter saying, with great passion, that the Total Gym had "changed my life!" I immediately thought, "Should any product be able to truly change our lives?" Sure, products can change our "quality of life." But what can TRULY change one's life?

I believe that only Jesus Christ can truly change one's life. He takes me, a self-centered, self-righteous man who does not naturally love his neighbor, and who continues to struggle with the same sins over and over, and He humbles me -- shows me my sin and reminds me of what HE did to pay the price of those sins. He died an excruciating death, and He did it because of His unfathomable love for me and for all those He came to redeem. We celebrate today Christ's victory over death -- He didn't stay in the grave, but took back His life! He offers this victory over death to each one of us. THAT is love! Romans 5:8 says, "God shows His love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." We don't need to clean ourselves up in order to come to Christ; in fact we CAN'T clean ourselves up. Christ died for us while we were still in our sins and our filth. He cleans us up! That is love. That is truly life changing!

No comments:

Post a Comment