Dear Friends & Family,
Just a quick update, a few prayer requests, and an invitation:
- I have purchased airline tickets for Japan! I will be departing from Atlanta on Tuesday, April 13 and arriving in Japan on Wednesday, April 14.
- Additional gifts and pledges have been coming in, bringing me to 88% of my two-year budget, or $600 per month shy of 100% funded!
- My college roommate’s wife is battling cancer. Please pray for them (Ron & Connie) and their two pre-teen children. Pray that God would bring healing to her body and grace to their family as they go through a very difficult time.
- I will be driving to South Florida on Thursday to visit Ron & Connie, and then to Atlanta to apply for my visa at the Japanese consulate. Please pray for:
o Safety on the roads,
o God’s presence during my Florida visit,
o That the Japanese consulate will readily approve my visa.
o I will be staying several days in Atlanta with my nephew and his wife. My brother, sister-in-law, and their other three children will all be visiting as well, making for a full, but fun two-bedroom apartment. Pray for peace and love!
- My friend Bryan Gueltig, who has been very gracious in opening his home to me these last several months while I’ve been raising support, is hosting a farewell party for me on Saturday, April 10. This is a bonfire, come-and-go-as-you-like event from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. If you’re in the Jackson area (or would like to be!) and would like to stop by, I would love to see you!
o Drinks and s’mores will be provided; please bring a snack to share, if you like.
o If you plan to attend, please RSVP to either my email or to firstname.lastname@example.org for planning purposes.
Thank you for your prayers, encouragement, and support!