Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Departing Soon for Japan! - 3/24/2010

Dear Friends & Family,
Praise Report:
I have exciting news! You will receive my April Newsletter FROM JAPAN, the Lord willing! I have been given permission to depart for Japan on the second week of April!
Urgent Prayer Request:However, I am only at 78% of my two-year budget. In order to allow me to depart for Japan, MTW slashed my budget to bare bones and then also has the assurance of my team in Japan that they will cover the remainder of my unmet financial needs, should I not be able to raise the full original amount.
Why must I arrive by the second week of April? Because a new session of English classes begins in April and the Tokyo team is in dire need for me to teach six of these classes. Please take a moment and read the following note from Sally Dangler, the Team Coordinator in Japan, regarding this work:
Dear Friends of Brent,
Every Saturday morning in Oyumino, Japan there is a small group of businessmen who gather to study English. One of the men is a cardiac surgeon, another is a nuclear engineer, others are in the corporate world but when they gather, work is set aside and they enjoy the challenge of improving their English and finding out a little bit more of what is in the Bible. While they all participate in the English class, several of them “come to life” when the Bible discussion starts. They want to know more about the God who is Himself perfect and yet offers forgiveness to those who fail. In this country where there is zero tolerance for mistakes and little hope of forgiveness, this is refreshing news. From classes like this we have seen many people take steps toward deeper understanding and eventually trusting Jesus as Lord and Savior.
There are two classes just like this in Makuhari, Japan that need a teacher. The mission team here thinks that Brent, with his friendly demeanor, caring personality and bold trust in the God of the Bible will do a great job at leading these classes. We also look forward to his extensive help with the accounting work as well as outreach through choirs and college ministry.
Please help him to get here. He needs your prayer and he needs financial support. If you are able to make even a small monthly pledge please let Brent and Mission to the World know soon. We are planning on Brent joining us by the second week of April and are praying that God will raise up the remainder of the support he needs.
Thank you for your involvement in God’s kingdom work and for your consideration of this need.
Sally DanglerTeam CoordinatorTokyo/Chiba Church Planting Team
Would you please pray:
  • That God will raise up the remaining $1,147 in monthly support needed for me to be at full funding?
  • Ask God whether He might be calling you to join me as a financial partner? Perhaps you’ve given a one-time gift; would you consider becoming a monthly partner? Even small gifts add up quickly.
  • For my final weeks in the States. There is much to accomplish, including: Driving to Atlanta to get my visa to enter Japan (pray that there are no problems with this). Packing for two years in Japan, and all that entails. Selling my car.
I will be keeping you up to date more regularly in these next several weeks as more details are worked out and as prayer needs arise. THANK YOU for your friendship, prayers, and support. I will not be going to Japan alone, but as each of you has influenced my life I will be taking you with me in these various ways.
For Christ and His Glory,
Brent Kooi

No comments:

Post a Comment