Thursday, March 5, 2020

Nearly There!

Nearly There!

I hate to start an update with finances, but it is finances (via God's providence) that determine when I depart for Australia. So I ask your indulgence....

In my February newsletter, I was somewhat discouraged. Support-raising can be a difficult process, and my percentage had gone down due to a revised budget. A month later and I am very encouraged. (Thank you for your prayers!) Additional ministry partners have pledged, and MTW offices found $8,000 in language funds hiding in my account; those funds have been released into my primary budget lines. That brings my support to 90%, meaning I still need an additional $894 in monthly pledges to be at 100% and able to depart for Australia.

Where will those partners come from? Well, I have some people considering their level of support. A friend is hosting an event on Friday for current and potential supporters in the Jackson area. I've spoken to many people at two recent missions conferences, and connected with many other churches and individuals over the last 8 months. But ultimately it is God who provides, and only he knows from where and when the support will come in. I ask again for your prayers.

If you would like to partner with me, you can do so by:
Thank you for your prayerful consideration!

Wrapping Up for Departure

Being close to fully-funded, here is what I need to accomplish in the next few weeks:
  • Sell my Jeep (listed it online this week).
  • File (pay) US taxes.
  • Wrap up committee work for MTW (training revisions, and meetings next week in Atlanta that will conclude my part in the process).
  • Get a will written up and filed (required by MTW).
  • Work on getting a residence visa for Australia.
  • Contract with a shipping company to move some of my things from Osaka to Sydney.
  • Fly to Osaka March 16 for the wedding of very close friends, and to sell some of my stored household items and coordinate with the shippers for the remainder.
And what am I forgetting? There's a lot to do. Your prayers are appreciated during this stressful time.



Want to know more about the work of the MTW team in Sydney and my specific role? Click here to watch a presentation from last Fall.
Calendar

Friday, March 6
Dessert Event;  7 pm
Brandon, MS

If you are in the area and would like to attend, please email me! You are welcome!
 

March 16
Flying to Osaka Japan for a wedding and to sell or ship my stored things.
 

April 6
Target date to arrive in Sydney, Australia



Prayer Points

Pray that God will provide the final 10% of my support in the next few weeks. I have a one-way ticket to Japan, hoping to fly directly to Sydney on April 6 if my budget has been met.

Pray regarding the corona-virus. While the likelihood of infection is relatively low, I have some concerns about possible travel bans to or out of Japan, possible quarantines, etc.

Pray for my acculturation into Australia. It may be a western, English-speaking country, but there are numerous subtle differences.

Pray for my travel to and from Atlanta, and for the meetings in Atlanta to be productive and a blessing to MTW as a whole.

Pray that God will provide a buyer for my car, at a fair price, and in the right timing (Sunday night, upon my return from Atlanta, and prior to my Monday morning departure for Osaka).







No comments:

Post a Comment