Saturday, March 21, 2020

Answer to Prayers

I want to thank you for your prayers for me in the middle of all this worldwide craziness. As I watch BBC News in my Osaka hotel room, I see that 793 Italians died yesterday. This is truly a worldwide emergency, as it could continue to take more and more lives if we do not contain the spread and find effective medical solutions.  Much to pray about.

I realize I am just one of billions of people caught up in this crisis, and implications for my transition to ministry in Sydney are not all that significant, and likely will not be.

Your prayers are appreciated, and the answer to those prayers is that I must return the the USA as soon as possible. While this is not the answer I wanted, a number of MTW leaders (home office, Japan leadership and Australia leadership) considered many issues, and determined this is the best solution at this time. I accept their decision and trust God is working through it.

I have booked a flight for Wednesday to Sioux Falls, SD and will wait out the situation with my mom in NW Iowa (silver lining!)

Please pray that my flight isn't cancelled, and for health and safety through it all.

 

Support Update

Just since the previous update on Friday, my support has gone up to 96%. Praise God for that!

The current crisis is certainly having an economic impact, and it's likely that may affect some of my financial partners as well. I certainly understand if anyone is unable to fulfill a pledge. I pray that this situation is short-lived and will not be a significant economic burden on you or our world.
Calendar

Tuesday, March 24
Shipping company loading up my household goods to be shipped to Sydney.
 

Wednesday, March 25
Flying Osaka to Sioux Falls



Prayer Points

 
Praise God for providing 96% of the needed financial support for ministry in Sydney!  Pray that not too much of that is eroded due to the current world situation.

Pray for safe travel on Wednesday -- not just flight safety, but protection from COVID-19 as well.

Pray that God will have mercy on this earth, and that would include relief from COVID-19. But also pray that God will use this crisis to reach the hearts of many unsaved people.

No comments:

Post a Comment